What are cookies?
Cookies are digital data, specifically text files, stored on the website user's terminal device, and their purpose is to allow the user to access the website. Cookies usually contain the name of the originating website, date of expiry on the given terminal and a unique number. The entity responsible for storing and accessing cookies on the Website User's terminal device is Adamed Pharma S.A., with registered office in Pieńków, ul. Mariana Adamkiewicza 6A, 05-152 Czosnów.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies are used to collect information related to the use of the Website by the User. In particular, cookies support the following functions:
- maintain the user's session (after the user has logged in), so that the user does not have to enter the login and password on every subpage of the website;
- customise the content of website pages, depending on user preferences, and optimise the use of the website; in particular, cookies enable the identification of the website user's terminal device, which allows the displayed page to be tailored to the individual user's preferences.
- gather statistics to help understand how the website is used, so as to improve its structure and content
What types of cookies are used?
The website uses two basic types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files stored on the user's terminal device until the user logs out, leaves the website or exits the browser. Persistent cookies are stored on the user's terminal device for a period specified in the cookie or until the user removes the cookie.
The following types of cookies are used by the website:
- “essential” cookies, without which the website could not provide certain services; these include authentication cookies, used to provide services that require authentication on the website;
- “performance” cookies for collecting information about the use of the website;
- “functional” cookies, which allow the website to “remember” the settings selected by the User and to personalise the User's interface.
How can the way in which cookies are stored and accessed be changed?